1. Place a tea bag in the clear
2. Fill the mug with water and
leave for a few hours.
1. Have a friend stand at the
back of a room.
2. Spray the air freshener at
the front of a room.
3. Time how long it takes for
the smell to reach the back of the
1. Pour some water in a clear
2. Carefully pour some syrup
in the glass and leave for several
Step 3 for Exp. 1 & 3
3. Go back after several hours
and check on your mug with the tea
bag and glass with syrup.
random movements of the liquid particles
mix the syrup and the tea bag with
is called diffusion.
only happens in liquids and gases.
The random movements of the gas particles
spread the smell from the air freshener
as it diffuses across the room to reach
the back of the room.