There are certain things we should do on a daily basis and even sometimes several times a day.
We need to be sure to keep our hands, head and body clean to help stop the spreading of germs and illness.
Hygiene helps our own health and those around us.
Here are a few thing that are very important to maintain good personal hygiene:
- Wash your face twice a day – early morning and before going to bed
- Brush your teeth – best to brush three times a day but twice times is a must (when you wake and when you go to bed)
- Wash your hands – after using toilet, before preparing foods, before eating and many other activities
- Washing your body – free of disease causing germs
- Wash your hair
- Using deodorant – after bathing/showering and / or first thing in the morning
- Washing your clothes – kills germs and parasites. It is so important to wear clean clothing
- Clean kitchen counter tops before and after preparing food
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when sneezing and coughing. Use your elbow to cough into and not your hands
- Trim your finger nails and toe nails
Use these good practices on a daily basis to form good habits to help you and others to stay healthy.