- Gases cannot
- Gases are hard to control.
- Gases do not have a definite volume.
- Gases fill any available space.
- Gases flow easily.
- Most gases are invisible and spread
into open spaces.
- Gases can easily be compressed.
- The particles in gases are a long
way away from each other and they
bounce around hitting each other which
keeps them apart.
The particles bounce
off the walls and off each other and
can be squeezed closer together when
Gases flow easily and
spread out to fill all available spaces.
It is easy to change the volume of
gases as they are mostly empty space
and the particles can easily be squeezed
together into a smaller space and
this is why it is easy to change the
volume of a gas.
A burning candle is a solid, liquid